- Mix about a cup of baking soda with a few spoonfuls of water to form a paste.
- Remove racks from oven.
- Spread paste over oven walls, the oven door and bottom of the oven, avoiding the heating elements. Leave for a few hours – ideally overnight.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe out the now dried mixture and gently use a plastic scraper for any difficult areas.
- Once done add some vinegar to a spray bottle and apply to any remaining baking soda, again avoiding the heating elements. The baking soda will react with the vinegar and foam.
- Wipe away the foam and repeat until all the residue is gone and you have a sparkling shine.
Clean Oven Racks
A similar process can be applied as mentioned above to the oven racks by placing them on baking foil on a work service. Both sides of the racks may need doing.
Clean Inside Glass on Oven Door
- Remove drawer at bottom of oven door that stores your baking trays etc.
- Attach some glass cleaner wipes to some coat hanger wire
- Slide the wire into the slats at the bottom of the oven door – accessible from the space where you moved out the oven drawer. This may need doing a few times to get clean.