Six Easy Microwave Cleaning Hacks
Microwave Cleaning Hacks with Natural Products.
Regular Microwave Cleaning to extend the Life of your Trusted Appliance.
Do you find microwave cleaning frustrating? Are there food remnants stubbornly sticking to the sides of your microwave? And does your microwave sometimes smell simply disgusting? Do you find it takes a few sprays of your regular kitchen cleaner and a bit of elbow grease to get it clean? We have a few easy tricks to make life easier.
A Safety Message First
Before attempting our Microwave Cleaning Hacks do the following:
- Either wait for any mixture mentioned below to cool
- Or use oven gloves to protect yourself from burns. Your safety is paramount.
What you will need for each Microwave Cleaning
- A microwaveable bowl and measuring cups or a large microwaveable measuring jug.
- Tap Water.
- Sponge or Cloth wipe.
- The ingredients mentioned below in the Microwave Cleaning Hacks.
Our Six Favorite Microwave Cleaning Hacks
The Lemon Trick
- You will need a couple of lemons.
- Halve or quarter some lemons.
- Squeeze the juice into a bowl of tap water.
- Then add the lemon halves to the bowl, or you could save them for cleaning the outside of your microwave – read on.
- Place in the microwave for 4 minutes.
- Let the mixture safely cool down, then remove.
- Use a Sponge or Cloth to wipe the dirty surfaces.
- The grained-on dirt should then come loose. The bonus is a pleasant smell in the kitchen too.
For the exterior of the microwave, use lemon halves to rub the outside, voiding the vents. Then wipe with a damp cloth.
The following YouTube Video: Life Hacks – Clean Your Microwave The Easy Way, shows the Lemon Method above. One of my favourites.
The Citrus Test
You could use Limes or Oranges instead of Lemons too. Or maybe experiment with a combination of two or three citrus fruits. What a perfect way to use up citrus fruit on the turn!
White Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- For inside the microwave
Similar to the above, but it doesn't smell as nice.
- Use one cup of water and one cup of white vinegar (or some suggest a 1/4 cup of vinegar).
- Microwave for 4 minutes.
- Remove the hot mixture safely.
- Everything will be looser. Wipe with a damp cloth.
- For the Microwave door
- Add a mix of equal parts vinegar and water to a spray bottle to clean the microwave door. Spray on the door, then wipe it away to cut through the grease.
Try Dish Soap if you have no Lemons or Vinegar.
Add a teaspoon of dish soap to a bowl of one cup water and microwave for a couple of minutes. Wipe away the mess.
- Baking soda helps to deodorize the microwave.
- Use two teaspoons with one cup of water.
- Place in microwave and cook on high for three minutes.
- Then wipe with a cloth.
- Thoroughly soak several sheets of paper towel in water.
- Heat in the microwave for up to four minutes.
- After allowing them to cool, use them to remove baked-on food, which the steam produced will soften.
Microwave Cleaning maintenance from now on
- Some simple maintenance tip ensures that microwave cleaning is not a chore.
- Cover your food – Either with a specifically designed microwave cover or with a paper towel.
- Wipe out the microwave after heating food, before it gets caked on.
- Use one of the methods above regularly. My favourite is the lemon trick.
You may also like these Cleaning Hacks.
In addition to this Microwave Cleaning Hack, you may also like the following:
Please feel free to share our Dang Good Blog Post about “Microwave Cleaning Hacks."
#microwavecleaning #microwavecleaninghack #cleaninghack #cleaninghacks