Cleaning Tips for Pet Owners on Pet Day
Cleaning Hacks for Pet Parents on Pet Days.
Did you factor in the extra cleaning when you decided a pet was a good idea?
What is a Pet Day?
A Pet Day is a day set aside to celebrate your Pets. And there is more than one.
National Love Your Pet Day is held annually on February 20th each year. The origins are unknown, but we suspect it has been celebrated for centuries.
National Pet Day is celebrated yearly on April 11th. It is in honour of our furry friends. Colleen Page established it in 2006. She is also the founder of several other unofficial holidays pertaining to pets, cats, dogs and puppies. It is a day to show some extra TLC to our beloved animals. Undeniably, they continue to bring us a lot of joy and unconditional love.
Furthermore, Colleen Paige created National Pet Day to draw attention to the number of animals in shelters waiting for adoption. According to Ipsos – Pet ownership is the “Cat’s meow" in Canada, 35% of Canadians have a Cat, and 32% have a Dog. 57% of Canadians own a pet of one kind or another. Subsequently, there is still plenty of Canadians who might consider adopting a homeless animal.
We all love our furry (or scaly, or
crawly) companions, but what is harder to love is the dirt and stains they can leave
behind. As one of the best cleaning services in the Calgary region, we have
tips on dealing with all the messes your pets create. But first, let’s look at
ways to celebrate a pet day.
Ways to Celebrate A Pet Day.
- Adopt a homeless animal.
- Donate or Volunteer at an Animal Shelter.
- Organize the pet’s toys.
- Organize all the grooming paraphernalia.
- Make your home pet-friendly.
- Donate unused supplies or volunteer at an animal shelter.
- Build a catio or dog run.
- Or look at this video: How to celebrate your furry friend for Pet Day.
- Spend extra quality time with your pet.
- Give your pet a treat.
The Benefits of Owning a Pet.
There are significant Health and Mood-Boosting Benefits of Pets. Pets reduce stress. They are great companions and can help with loneliness. Unfortunately, it is not always practical to have a pet, no matter how much we want one. However, there is a solution in Calgary, and it is called PALS – Pet Access League Society.
PALS is a registered non-profit charity focused on enriching the quality of life through Pet Visitation Therapy. The Pet Therapy Service is free of charge and arranged in advance. A high percentage of clients are senior citizens, with about twenty percent children and teenagers. PALS Pet Therapy Volunteers and Donations to PALS are welcome. PALS provides
pet therapy at over 60 locations in Calgary. These locations include Alberta Children’s
Hospital and the Calgary International Airport.
Disadvantages of having a Pet.
- Pets demand time.
- Pets can get expensive – an endless need for Food and unexpected Vet Bills.
- A lot of pets need to be house trained.
- Extra cleaning is needed in the home.
Cleaning Tips for Pet Owners.
- Grooming – Regularly groom your pet. It will help with fur shedding, plus pets like the attention.
- Litter Box – Clean out the litter regularly and use the quality clumping kind. Invest in a catch-all litter mat so that the litter stays in one place.
- Pet Hair – Rubber Gloves used for Dishwashing are great for removing pet hair from your upholstery. Have a lint roller handy. Or Duct Tape. Some pets even like having the lint roller rubbed over their fur directly.
- UV Blacklight – Get a UV Blacklight to spot urine mishaps.
- Accidents – React promptly when accidents happen.
- Carpet Stains – When addressing carpet stains, be careful not to rub the stain into the carpet. Pat the carpet instead.
- Spritz stains with Vinegar. But don’t soak the fibres. Dab instead.
- Avoid steaming out stains. You may inadvertently set them instead.
- Check out our comprehensive blog post on Carpet Stain Removal.
- Pets Toys – Wash pet toys with a sink of soapy water (using dish soap). Then rinse and dry.
- Furniture – Unfortunately Pets can take a toll on your Upholstery. These tips can help:
- Get covers for your furniture.
- Invest in a cordless handheld vacuum.
- Consider a Pet Repellant for your Furniture.
- If a pet is considered a permanent feature in the home, consider purchasing durable upholstery and rugs.
- Keep your pet’s nails ship shape. While Pet Nail Care may be expensive, it will not be as costly as replacing that sofa.
- Remove the Mess – Things can get a little dirty and untidy when you have a pet but try to keep things to a minimum.
- Clean and empty food bowls after use.
- Be conscious of the clutter. Gather up toys and half-chewed objects .
Why we Love your Pets!
Here at Dang Good Carpet and Furnace Cleaning, we are incredibly grateful to your ‘four-leggers.’ Above is a sample from some of our customers. Their mishaps on carpets and upholstery keep us busy, as does their accumulation of hair in the ductwork. As a result, it all adds up to keep our team employed in work. So if you live in and around Calgary or surrounding areas, give us a call if you need professional cleaning.
Feel free to Share our Dang Good Blog Post
#NationalPetDay #PetDay #CleaningHacks #PetParents