Ever tried washing down your deck only to find it still looks rather grubby? You can use natural household products to get rid of that grime. Vinegar and Baking Soda have so many great cleaning uses. And combining the two can be powerful. What better way to clean the deck than with natural products?
The following method should give your deck a sparkle:
1. Remove lose dirt with a broom.
2. Spray the deck with just water first to further loosen things up.
3. Mix a gallon of water and add one to two cups of white vinegar in a bucket. Or one cup of vinegar and 1/2 cup of baking soda instead.
4. Dip a broom in the bucket and scrub the deck along the grain of the wood. You may want to start with a small corner first.
5. Leave for 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Rinse well.
7. Allow deck to dry.
Another suggestion is to pour vinegar over the deck and let it sit and dry in the sun and then rinse with water.
Vinegar not only cleans but will also help eliminate any mold and mildew buildup, and it keeps ants away too. It is also a powerful degreaser.
Just be careful if you have plants growing in any soil nearby as the vinegar may make the soil acidic and only some plants thrive well in acidic soil.
Baking Soda is also a natural cleaner for those burnt-on areas of the BBQ too.